KZN Government: 2020 Bursary / Scholarship Programme
Closing Date: 13 December 2019
The KwaZulu-Natal Government is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal interested in pursuing a tertiary qualification in the fields of study indicated below:
Dept of Public Works
- BSc. Mechanical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- BSc. Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management
- BSc. In Building Science, Honours in Construction Management
- MSc. In Construction Project Management
- BSc. Property studies
- ND: Real Estate
Contact Person: Ms P Matee: (033) 260 4174/4157/5180/4131)
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Public, Works, P/B X9041, PIETERMARITBURG, 3200
Physical Address: The Department of Public Works Or Tambo House, 191 Prince Alfred Street, Pietermaritzburg 3200
Dept of Agriculture
- BSc. Survey/ Soil Science
- Vet Technology
- BSC Agriculture Engineering
- ND Animal Health
Contact Person: Mr CM Biyela: (033) 355 9604, Ms. N.T Khumalo (033) 355 9388
Physical Address: R103 Cedara off-Ramp, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Pietermaritzburg – Post application to: The Director: Human Resource Development, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, P/B X9059, PIETERMARITBURG, 3200
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Transportation Management
- National Diploma in Transportation Economics
- Diploma in Logistics Management
- Diploma in Freight and Logistics
Contact person: Nomasonto Gwamanda 033 355 8828
Post application to: Postal Address: Private Bag X9043, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200.
Physical address: Inkosi Mhlabunzima Maphumulo House, 172 Burger Street, PIETERMARITZBURG
DEPARTMENT OF KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCIAL TREASURY
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics
- Bachelor’s degree in Forensic related qualification
Contact Person: Mrs. T. Suleman Tel: (033) 897 4372
Post application to: Postal address: The Bursary Unit, Department of KZN Provincial Treasury, P.O. Box 3613, PIETERMARITBURG, 3200. Physical address: Treasury House, 145 Chief Albert Luthuli Road, PMB.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
- Bachelor of Social Science in Housing
Mrs C.A. Govender 031 336 5173
Ms M.P. Phama 031 336 5195
Ms M.C. Hlengwa 031 336 5280
Ms T. Hlophe 031 319 3700
Post application to:
Physical address: Eagle Building, 353-363 Anton Lembede Street, Durban,
Postal Address: Private Bag X54367, Durban, 4000
DEPARTMENT OF ARTS AND CULTURE
- Jewellery Design
- Film Studies (Minimal)
- Language (sign Language & Interpreting)
- Restoration & Conservation
- Archrivals Studies
Mrs ZJ Chonco – 033 341 3664
Mr NM Buthelezi – 033 341 3695
Post Applications to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Arts and Culture,
171 Boshoff Street PIETERMARITZBURG 3201
How To Apply
- Youth in possession of a matric/grade 12 certificate between the ages of 18-35 years, and who are from the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Students in possession of a provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and willing to study in fields as indicated in this advert.
- Students who are currently studying in the areas indicated in this advert.
To apply, kindly forward the following documents:
- Bursary application form (obtainable and returnable at the Operation Sukuma Sakhe war rooms, Department of Education District Offices and Student Funding Office at Institutions of higher learning, Website of Provincial Departments, Provincial Government Facebook ).
- Certified Copies of Identity document (ID) including your parents’ ID and /or your guardians’ ID.
- Certified copy of Matric certificate or current statement of results if already studying.
- Proof of income of either parents or guardians (payslip, pension receipt or bank statement).
- Proof of registration/ acceptance letter from institution of higher learning.
- Proof of unemployment from Department of Labour for both parents if they are unemployed.
- It is recommended that those who have profiling certificates submit a certified copy.
- Income and expenditure statement of parent/legal guardian. (Proof of income must be provided) or a letter from the Department of Labour stating that they are unemployed.
a) It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with a tertiary institution and accommodation within University residence. Successful applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years’ equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full time study only at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals or stipends, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks where necessary.
b) Obligation: A bursar will be required to serve the relevant Provincial Department for the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract unless stated otherwise. It must be stressed that funds are limited and there is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful.
c) Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
d) Preference will be given to students who will pursue studies at institutions within the KZN Province.
e) Youth with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.